09/29/2006 4:35 PM
- Earlier this week, the Spokane Shock introduced their new Head Coach Adam Shackleford to the local media. But, who is he? What is he all about? Can he fill the shoes that former Head Coach Chris Siegfried left behind?
We sat down with Shackleford and touched on these and few other subjects in an effort to get to know "Coach Shack" a little better. The candid interview follows below:
10 Questions with Adam Shackleford:
1) Who will you be rooting for in this year's Apple Cup the University of Washington or Washington State University?
I RESPECT BOTH TEAMS AND WILL JUST ROOT FOR THE SAFETY OF THE RESPECTIVE COACHES PLAYERS.
2) What type of team should fans expect to see on the field next
A TEAM FILLED WITH GREAT TALENT AND CHARACTER. A PHYSICAL TEAM THAT WILL PLAY WITH A LOT OF EMOTION.
3) If you weren't a football Coach what would you be?
I WOULD PROBABLY BE A LAWYER.
4) It was no secret that this job was one of the most sought after
jobs in the league - what do you think separated you from the other candidates?
I HAD A LOT OF TALENTED PLAYERS IN LOUISVILLE AND BECAUSE OF THAT WE PUT UP A LOT OF GREAT STATS.
5) If you were alone on a desert island and you could only have one
other person on the island with you - dead or alive - who would that be?
6) If TO left the NFL and decided he wanted to play in the af2 - would
you take him?
I WOULD NOT RULE OUT A PLAYER WITH THE ABILITY LIKE OWENS. BUT HE WOULD PLAY BY MY RULES.
7) Why should someone buy Shock season tickets?
BECAUSE SUPPORTING YOUR HOMETOWN TEAM IS IMPORTANT. THESE MEN WILL SWEAT AND BLEED FOR 20 WEEKS WHILE WEARING A JERSEY WITH THE SPOKANE NAME. THIS TEAM WILL TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN PLAYING FOR THIS COMMUNITY.
8) How is your playbook different from Coach Siegfried's?
9) Last year, many fans talked about the team chemistry that the 06
Shock had. How important is team chemistry and how do you plan on
building it, or can you?
A HEAD COACH CAN HELP BUILD A TEAM BUT CHEMISTRY COMES FROM WITHIN THE PLAYERS. WHEN YOU HAVE THAT IT IS A SPECIAL THING.
10) Last season was a dream season for the Shock - what do you do for
MY JOB IS TO WIN FOOTBALL GAMES. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
Do you have more questions for Coach Shackelford? You can send him your own questions at email@example.com.